From all of us here at the Log and Timber Homes Council, we want to wish you a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
As 2014 draws to a close, we can all be thankful that the United States economy has been marching steadily toward normal. Over the last year the nation has:
- Added 2.8 million jobs,
- Grown GDP by 2.3% (average three quarters),
- Lowered the unemployment rate to 5.8%.
The housing market has benefited from this economic improvement as well:
- Home prices increased 5.4% year over year,
- Single-family completions are up 11% year over year,
- Vacant homes for sale decreased 8% year over year. (Source)
What’s more, the members of the Log and Timber Homes Council noted that 2014 many home buyers were actively pursuing their dreams of log and timber home living. You can get started shopping for log and timber home producer by simply filling out the “Tell Me More” form on the right of this post.
If next year is when you will start making your dream come true, we encourage you select from among members of the Log and Timber Homes Council, which is part of the National Association of Home Builders.
Because for decades now, log and timber homes buyers have trusted members of the Log and Timber Homes Council to make their dream home a reality. That’s because all council members must:
- Abide by a strict code of ethics
- Grade their logs and timbers to ensure structural soundness
- Provide construction manuals to ensure correct construction techniques
- Sponsor scientific studies that advance log and timber building technologies
- Provide information to help consumers make smart choices
Check out our Calendar of Events to locate log and timber home shows, open houses, model tours and more in the new year. The first show of the season is in Nashville, TN on Jan. 9, 2015.
You can also peruse our Buyer’s Guide, which has been prepared by the council to help consumers make smart choices when making their dreams of log and timber home living a reality.
Check out our library of white papers on various aspects of buying and building.